Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simufly.com
  News:
CIVA Version 1.60 X64 for Prepar 3d 4.x now available
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Waypoint 1 or Waypoint 0? (Read 305 times)
prowler
Forum Member

Waypoint 1 or Waypoint 0?
Jul 21st, 2007, 4:15am

I have read (from the FS9toCIVA.exe developer) that your ramp position (present position) should be entered in "waypoint #1". This is why he leaves waypoint 1 alone when converting .PLN's to .AWC's. I have never entered my present position as "waypoint 1"...I have always assumed that's what "waypoint 0" was for on the Star Wheel??  I always enter present position while in POS mode on the CDU, as the manual states, and then my first airborne waypoint "as waypoint 1" in WPT mode. Am I mistaken in this?

Vic

« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2007, 4:17am by prowler »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Gianfranco Corrias

Re: Waypoint 1 or Waypoint 0?
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2007, 8:16am

hi,
INS normal procedure establishes to load as waypoint 1 the ramp position to allow during distance ck to check that between waypoint 0 and waypoint 1 the distance remains zero.This is for to be sure of INS DIS right working.
I read what the FS9tociva says making a little confusion and I think and suggest  that's better look at Civa INS operation manual.
Gianfranco

View Profile   IP Logged
prowler
Forum Member

Re: Waypoint 1 or Waypoint 0?
Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2007, 2:42am

Thank you, Gianfranco. It seems I missed the following in the Carousel IV-A "operations manual" you provide....(my fault for not looking closer):

"It is recommended, at
the first insertion on ground, to reinsert the ramp position as waypoint 1 to verify the
DISTANCE from present position (waypoint 0) and waypoint 1 is 0."

Vic

View Profile   IP Logged