Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simufly.com
  News:
Welcome to the SIMUFLY.COM Discussion Forums!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

03-22/03-23 (Read 266 times)
theophile
Forum Member

03-22/03-23
Jul 30th, 2007, 12:35am

Hey there,

I installed the new 1.5 CIVA and am really delighted with the memory retention between flights,but
a problem arose when I installed the unit in Stellan Hilmerby's great DC-9.After a while the unit loses
power (bat light comes on,codes 03-22/03-23) and then quits in about 10 to 15 minutes.I followed the
manuals' advice to restart the generators (this problem is known for the RFP 747 and  is solved in this
way there)but to no avail.I reinstalled the unit with another setup (2 instead of 1 INS unit) but again to
no avail.MY FSUIPC is registered and I activated the keep battery active indefinetelly,but to no avail again.Funny thing,the unit works perfectly as long as it has electrical power and also when using its'
own limited internal battery,but then it quits.Any ideas anyone?

View Profile   IP Logged
theophile
Forum Member

Re: 03-22/03-23
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2007, 11:21pm

I have an update on my original message:after having installed the exact same CIVA 1.5 configuration in the HJG DC-8,I found it to perform flawlessly,including the great option to save a flight and restart it
where you left off the previous session.So it seems not the CIVA 1.5 is at fault here ,but the Hilmerby
DC-9.

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2007, 9:00am

CIVA is electrically powered by FS "standard" generators, if they're OFF CIVA automatically switches to its own (simulated, non FS,) battery, triggering the abnormal condition.
Could be Stellan's DC-9 sets them to OFF upon startup/reload (why don't you ask him? He has a forum AFAIK). And have you tried, after reloading, to turn them OFF and back ON?

Regards
Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
theophile
Forum Member

Reply #3 - Aug 2nd, 2007, 6:58pm

Thanks Marco.I put a message in Stellans Flightsim forum and I did try to put OFF, then ON the aircraft
generators,but this did not help.I may be getting some partial results by starting up with the FS 737 with
the start switch in generator position and then switching to the DC-9.I find that the DC-9 then switches it's generators OFF,but if then I switch them back on,the CIVA appears in at least one trial to keep its
power.We'll see.
Marco,I have been using your INS for years,it is a lovely gauge,and the fact that you now added the
memory retention just about makes it perfect.Thank you so much.Sure ,I know how to program a FMS,
but where is the charm and the magic?

View Profile   IP Logged