CIVA Version 1.60 X64 for Prepar 3d 4.x now available
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Keyboard Capture Mode (Read 563 times)
Steve
Forum Member

Keyboard Capture Mode
Aug 10th, 2007, 11:50am

Hi,

I cannot seem to get the keyboard capture mode to work. The green light does illuminate when i activate keyboard capture but it does not accept any keyboard commands. FS9 still sees the keys pressed and activates those controls, i.e. Num Pad 1 trims the elevator down, Num Pad 7 trims the elevator up.

The INS works perfectly when keyboard capture mode is turned off. I don't know if this helps or not but the Level-D 767 has a keyboard assist mode on its FMC and that works fine on my PC and accepts keyboard commands.

I am using FS2004 with Windows Vista Ultimate edition.

Any help you can give would be extremely welcome.

Thank you.

Steve.

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Re: Keyboard Capture Mode
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2007, 8:47am

Steve,

as far as I can remember, a problem similar to your one has been reported once, few years ago.
In that case it was due to the CDU not having "focus" when the "Kbd Capture" button was being pressed. And the solution was to first click on the CDU "face" to let it get the focus.

Regards
Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
Steve
Forum Member

Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2007, 9:39am

Marco,

Thank you for your response to this, I have done exactly as you suggested, unfortunately it still does not work.

If you can think of any other possible solutions I would be very grateful.

Regards,

Steve.

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2007, 9:00am

Steve,

Is the problem related to a specific panel or is it present using any panel/plane?
Maybe the problem is related to Vista O.S.. Do you know if LevelD has been changed to officially support Vista?

Thanks
Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
Steve
Forum Member

Reply #4 - Aug 16th, 2007, 5:22pm

Marco,

The problem seems to be a general one. I am using the SSTSIM Concorde with the INS installed and also tried it with the "default" 737 that comes with FS9. Both give the same results that I mentioned previously.

As far as I am aware, the only issues with regards to the Level-D 767 was the installation programme that needed some security changes in Vista, I don't believe they have actually altered the programme because the last Service Pack (3) for the Level-D 767 was in February 2006 long before Vista came out.

regards,

Steve.

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #5 - Aug 17th, 2007, 8:48am

Steve,

I will prepare a special version of the gauge with debug tracing enabled in the keyboard handling area. Then I'll let you have it for a test run. I'd like to see where keyboard capture fails.

Thanks
Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
Steve
Forum Member

Reply #6 - Aug 17th, 2007, 10:18am

Marco,

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help with this.

Regards,

Steve.

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #7 - Aug 21st, 2007, 9:03am

Steve could you please let me have your email address?
Please send me an email at i_n_s_at_s_i_m_u_f_l_y_dot_c_o_m (without underscore characters Smiley
Thanks
Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
Steve
Forum Member

Reply #8 - Aug 21st, 2007, 9:34pm

Hi Marco,

Have sent you an e-mail to the address you requested.

Regards,

Steve.

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #9 - Aug 24th, 2007, 10:07am

Steve,

I'm no longer able to email you.
("your") Server always responds: (email address masked with x characters)

Reason: Bad destination mailbox address
The mailbox specified in the address does not exist.
This means the address portion to the left of the @ sign is invalid.

Transcript of session:
RCPT TO:<xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com>
550 address xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com disabled by user or upstream

Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
Steve
Forum Member

Reply #10 - Aug 26th, 2007, 5:26pm

Hi Marco,

I'm really sorry about that, my domain supplier changed its mail forwarding and I have only just discovered I wasn't getting most of my e-mail (thought things were to quiet)  Shocked

I e-mailed you this morning to the address I had previously contacted you on, hopefully you have got that and things should now be sorted. If there are any other problems please let me know on here and I will try and resolve things.

Many thanks,

Steve.

View Profile   IP Logged
cconesa
Forum Member

La Paz, Bolivia
Reply #11 - Oct 28th, 2007, 10:46pm

Hi,

Has the issue with the keyboard capture been tracked down / resolved?. I also use Vista Ultimate and it doesn't work.

Regards,

Christian Conesa

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #12 - Oct 29th, 2007, 10:20am

I am still not sure, as I haven't found any documentation clearly stating that, but I fear there are problems with older versions of DirectX under Vista.

Civa gauges use DirectInput (to capture and get keys from the keyboard) and is currently compiled with DirectX 7 SDK, which is faily old. As soon as version 1.51 of Civa will be published (very shortly) I will try to understand the effort it would require to move to DirectX 9.

Regards
Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
jpnick
Forum Member

Rouen
Reply #13 - Apr 14th, 2010, 12:28pm

Hello
I have the same problem as you .My OS is Win 7 and I fly the SSSIM Concorde .With Windows XP it worked very well but with my recent migration to Win7 the key capture mode it doesn't works anymore neither with the B747-200 Ready For Pushback .Civa version is the 1.51.
It seems to come from incompatibility with win 7 , for the key capture mode works well with others addons eg PMDG 737 NG  or 747-400 QOTS to file the FMC datas.
 I have installed the sdkdiag.gau whitch have generated a .txt file; is it possible to send  it you ?
  Thanks for a soon answer JP

View Profile jpnick   IP Logged
mark767
Forum Member

Reply #14 - Jul 2nd, 2011, 10:05pm

Marco,

I have been using your CIVA INS for many many years on various aircraft and have just upgraded to a new computer.  I have also changed the operating system from XP to Windows 7 Home Premium.  I have updated all of the software including DirectX.

I am experiencing the same problem as others on this thread in that my keyboard control does not work.  The keyboard is still running all FS commands when I click the top right screw for the keyboard control.  I am getting the yellow light block but that is all.

Please advise any solution you may have to this issue, if you need me to run the debug gau please advise.  regards,

Mark.

View Profile   IP Logged
mark767
Forum Member

Reply #15 - Jul 6th, 2011, 1:55pm

I just tried downloading new file and re-installing the CIVA INS but still the same problem.  

Mark.

View Profile   IP Logged
mark767
Forum Member

Reply #16 - Jul 7th, 2011, 9:25pm

I ready above that this might be related to Directx7 so I have updated my directx for any missing library files using Microsoft DirectX End User Runtime web installer.  This has not fixed the problem either.

I am hoping one of the developers will answer this issue.  thanks,

Mark.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pipat4
Forum Member

Reply #17 - Aug 17th, 2011, 2:29pm

Thanks for any new information.

Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!
-Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!
-Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!
View Profile WWW   IP Logged