News:
CIVA Version 1.60 X64 for Prepar 3d 4.x now available
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Code 04-45 at PASI (Read 37 times)
fsam
Forum Member

Code 04-45 at PASI
May 7th, 2011, 11:04am

Hello, I'm new here in this forum and at first I like to thank for CIVA INS software provided by simufly, it brings a lot of fun for me...but also a problem:

I'm at PASI (Sitka) with TM B727-200, engines out, and elec power established, if I initialize the INS (one system integrated) I get faultcode 04-45 after reaching 6 (not correct or within limits), several trys, everytime with same result. Using N57317W135219, FSX, TM and actual CIVA INS. What i'm doing wrong or did I miss something ? PresPos reading from FSX itself and compared with Flightsim Commader. Initializing is correct for example at PAKT...

Best regards

View Profile   IP Logged
Gianfranco Corrias

Re: Code 04-45 at PASI
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2011, 10:25am

The coordinates of Sitka airport written in the right format are:
N57 02.5    W135 21.4
Switch STBY on the MSU panel and enter the coordinates after that switch ALIGN.
When the API reaches 06 if your ramp position insertion has been right the align will proceed to further APIs.
Gianfranco

View Profile   IP Logged
fsam
Forum Member

Reply #2 - May 10th, 2011, 10:22am

OK, thank you, I will try it out with these coordinates, btw why did the INS did not calculate with my (FSX given) coordinates, even if I try it several times with a switchoff and re-enter. Did the INS know the exact airport locations, like an airport table or is it impossible to align INS with slightly wrong data better than API 6 ?

View Profile   IP Logged
Gianfranco Corrias

Reply #3 - May 11th, 2011, 5:42pm

When you switch the MSU to STBY the INS starts to make the controls and settings to alignment. At API6 if the INS hasn't yet received correct ramp coordinates stops his procedure waiting for the ramp position.
The ramp position insertion is different from a waypoint position insertion.In fact the ramp position insertion(MSU selector on POS) is constituted by the LAT&LON data insertion.During a waypoint insertion(MSU selector on WAYPT) the LAT insertion is indipendent from LON insertion. For this reason when you insert the ramp position after the LAT insertion the light INSERT remains illuminated waiting the LON insertion.When the INS has received also the LON coordinates the light INSERT goes off.
During the waypoint insertion the light INSERT goes off after having received the LAT data or the LON data.A common error during the ramp position insertion is pushing twice the INSERT button after having inserted the LAT data because the INSERT light still on.After having inserted the LAT it's normal that the INSERT light remains on and You have not pushing the INSERT light again.
Gianfranco

« Last Edit: May 11th, 2011, 5:44pm by Gianfranco Corrias »  
View Profile   IP Logged
fsam
Forum Member

Reply #4 - May 13th, 2011, 11:14pm

Hello Gianfranco, it is working with position you gave me, thank you very much for help, but for my interrest - is it possible to enter a slightly wrong position into INS (in correct manner) or did the INS compare this inserted position with FSX / FS9 given coordinates and if, what is the limit. I've inserted lat/lon in correct way but with incorrect lat/lon values at PASI the INS did't count to API 1.  Best regards

View Profile   IP Logged
Gianfranco Corrias

Reply #5 - May 14th, 2011, 9:06am

hello,
there are two possibilities:
1-ramp position has been inserted with an incorrect latitude.When ALIGN position has been switched the code 04-45 appears not clearable.

2-ramp position has been inserted correctly but the inserted position differs from the last computed and momorized inertial position at previous shut down more than3+3T NM.T is the flight time.
Being T=0 the inserted position must be within 3NM.3NM are useful to move during transit the plane in the airport area.
In this case the code 06-41 clearable appears.
Cheers Gianfranco

View Profile   IP Logged