CIVA Version 1.60 X64 for Prepar 3d 4.x now available
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

VOR Altitude (Read 61 times)
blueup
Forum Member

UK
VOR Altitude
Jun 8th, 2011, 8:33am

Just beginning to become familiar with programming the INS but can anyone tell me where I can get hold of VOR DME altitudes please? They are easily obtainable for flying in the US but can't seem to find any source for flying in Europe. Frequencies and coordinates are easy to find but altitudes are a problem. I may be missing the obvious but can anyone point me in the right direction?

View Profile   IP Logged
vololiberista

Re: VOR Altitude
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2011, 2:12pm

I use Super Flight Planner along with the Nav updates available at Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!

vololiberista

View Profile   IP Logged
blueup
Forum Member

UK
Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2011, 4:58pm

Thanks Vololiberista for info. I am OK with the programmes and updates you have linked. My frustration is that all my flight planning is prepared before I enter flight sim. Airnav.com is an excellent site which I use regularly for flights in US. It provides all the data on nav aids you would want and if you enter a VOR identifier it brings up all the info for that VOR ie frequency, coordinates and altitude of the VOR. There does not seem to be a similar site which would do the same for flying in Europe. All I am stuck on is obtaining the altitude for VOR's in Europe. I know for instance there is high altitude and low altitude VOR's but I think that is simply a way of describing the capability which different aircraft have to lock onto the VOR signal.
blueup

View Profile   IP Logged
Vladimir
Forum Member

Romania
Reply #3 - Aug 1st, 2013, 4:42pm

Hi,

I know this is an old topic, but info. could be useful for someone else.
There is a database of navaids available for download at this address:
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!

VOR elevation can be obtained from there.

Regards,
Vladimir

View Profile   IP Logged
blueup
Forum Member

UK
Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2013, 12:12pm

Thanks Vladimir for the update. Regards

View Profile   IP Logged