Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simufly.com
  News:
Welcome to the SIMUFLY.COM Discussion Forums!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Only six months then success - Happy at last (Read 44 times)
John
Forum Member

Only six months then success - Happy at last
Feb 23rd, 2012, 8:34pm

Hi  Gianfranco,

For six months I have sweated and cursed over your beautiful addon, to make flights more realistic in aircraft that were built before the mass computer revolution and the varied computer flight management systems that do everything except to make the coffee.

Like the countless others that I have found asking questions on the web about entering the initial position for alighnment, following the excellent documentation that you have crafted; where you enter the Gate Latitude, press the entry key, which you then press again until the light goes out, only to find that you are unable to enter the Longitude, before starting again in a seemingly never ending cycle, before giving up and flying using the MSFS GPS.

Then Eureka.................. Grin Today I read a posting that said that you pressed the enter key once, which will remain lit and then enter the final coordinates, then press the enter key, the light goes out and the INS starts to Align. Grin

Did I ever feel stupid and I guess others do too when they discover the proper method.  I shall now answer the question from others with confidence, but wonder if you could add and highlight that the 'Key will remain lit', until the whole Gate location has been entered, if you re-issue the user handbooks.

So I am now off to try a slightly longer flight, confident in being able to navigate using the equipment that was the fore- runner to the modern all singing all dancing computer navigation systems found today.

Thanks for a great addition to my pleasure, which is is all the more amazing that you have shared your work for free.

John Grin Grin

View Profile   IP Logged
vololiberista

Re: Only six months then success - Happy at last
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2012, 11:54am

As far as "Insert light remains lit" goes it's written in all the manuels in the same manner. Both, original manuel for the Delco Carousel and in aircraft flight manuels. It's one of those things that is in its way quite clever as it's so obvious as to be overlooked, it is! Consequently no alignment!
vololiberista

View Profile   IP Logged
signmanbob
Forum Member

Alabama, USA
Re: Only six months then success - Happy at last
Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2012, 3:47am

Ha, ha  Grin  Guilty!  Me too.  I searched the forums until I found the answer to the initial alignment riddle.
I love addons that are so realistic that you HAVE TO read the manual or bust  Cool

View Profile   IP Logged