Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simufly.com
  News:
Welcome to the SIMUFLY.COM Discussion Forums!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Warning Light and Odd Code (Read 66 times)
Ramjett53
Forum Member

Warning Light and Odd Code
Oct 13th, 2012, 2:32pm

I have been a fan and user of the CIV-A INS addon ever since I downloaded and installed the Tinmouse on my system.  I now have successfully placed it in several panels for retro aircraft that I have with the help of FSPanel Studio, including my latest attempt, the Concorde from the FSFrance Team.

On my latest flight from EGLL to KJFK in the Concorde I was approximately halfway across the pond when the warning light on all three CDU's came on and each one was flashing the codes 131 and 102 (Note: not 01-02 or 0131, just the three digits as I typed them).  All three continued to function as they should, but the warning light never went out and those codes were always present whenever I looked at that display.

Any ideas?  I could not find any reference to those codes in the user manual or docs.

Randy

View Profile   IP Logged
Gianfranco Corrias

Re: Warning Light and Odd Code
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2012, 11:24am

Hi,
there is in your post something incomprehensible:
The codes, you have seen, were obviously in the first three digits of right CDU display.
First digit 1 indicates that the INS is in NAV mode.
Second and third digits are dedicated at ACTION and MALFUNCTION codes.
Because normal let us start from the code 02.
It's an ACTION code indicating that it's present an accelerometer or a Gyro issue.
Resuming:
102 indicates that the INS is in NAV mode and it's present the ACTION CODE 02.
Pushing the TEST button the INS shows the related MALFUNCTION codes and continuing pushing if it has been a momentarary issue it's possible to clear both the ACTION and MALFUNCTION codes.
About 131:as we said above the first digit 1 indicates that the INS is in NAV mode.
31 it should be a MALFUNCTION code but it doesn't exist in the CIVA ins.
Has not been implemented and for this reason it's impossible to see  such a MALFUNCTION code.
It does exist a MULFUNCTION code 13 and for coincidence it's releted at  ACTION code 02.
Finally this MALFUNCTION CODE 13 is related at Y accelerometer issue.
Is it possible you have seen 113 and not 131?
Gianfranco

« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2012, 11:31am by Gianfranco Corrias »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Ramjett53
Forum Member

Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2012, 1:31pm

No sir, it was definitely "131" and appeared in the right display of the CDU.  I tried pressing the Test button to clear the code, but the code would simply cycle from "102" to to "131" with every press of the Test button.  The same happened on all 3 CDUs at the same time.  Pressing Test on each CDU resulted in the same result.

I was navigating off INS 2 at the time, but INS1 showed the warning first, then INS2, then INS3.  The lights came on in sequence about 2 seconds apart.

First press = 102
Second press = 131
Third press = 102
Fourth press = 131

and so on, no matter how many times I pressed Test.  CDU Selector switch was on DSRTK/STS.  And just to be sure I am being clear, the spacing of the code was not "1 02" or "1 31", with a space between the 1 and 02, the way a normal malfunction code appears.  The numbers were continuous with no spacing "102" and "131".  My heading at the time was approximately 270 degrees and at first I thought the 102 was the heading to True North, but when it was replaced by 131 when pushed Test to clear the 102 code I became confused.  Even more so when pushing test brought 102 back.

I was at Mach 2.02 at the time and not accelerating or decelerating, but maintaining a steady 2.02 Mach

Randy

« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2012, 1:43pm by Ramjett53 »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Gianfranco Corrias

Reply #3 - Oct 14th, 2012, 6:26pm

There's not space between 1 and 02 and it's normal.
But being 31 never implemented in the civa gauge(I'm a developper of the gauge) it's impossible that this code is appeared on the INS display.
Please have a look at civa/Doc/actionandmalfunctioncodes and at
civa/Doc/Displayedstatus.
Gianfranco

« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2012, 6:43pm by Gianfranco Corrias »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Ramjett53
Forum Member

Reply #4 - Oct 14th, 2012, 11:55pm

Gianfranco,

All I can say in that case is that the CDU display must not have been a code then, but something else.  I know for a fact it was "131" in that order.  I checked all three CDUs since the warning light on all three cam on.  Each one rotated between "102" and 131" each time I pressed "Test" with the selector on DSRTK/STS.

Ah well, I will do the same flight and see if it duplicates the display and get screenshots.

Randy

View Profile   IP Logged
Gianfranco Corrias

Reply #5 - Oct 15th, 2012, 10:15am

Anyway we are investigating all possible errors in our documantation because nobody has declared this issue until now and a long time is passed.
Gianfranco

View Profile   IP Logged
vololiberista

Reply #6 - Oct 15th, 2012, 12:49pm

First press = 102  <- Action Code 2 (Check Nav data. If incorrect switch MSU to ATT
Second press = 131 <- Malfunction code 31 (Gnd speed >910 kts. Check Nav data

vololiberista

View Profile   IP Logged
Ramjett53
Forum Member

Reply #7 - Oct 15th, 2012, 4:38pm

Thank you both.  I did another Concorde flight from Tampa (KTPA) to Charle DeGaulle (LFPG) and took screenshots.  As expected, all three warning lights came on at the same time 1,2,3.  Codes 102 and 131 again appeared.  I can understand the 131 code now if "vololiberista" is correct that 131=GS greater than 910 knots.  "102" kinda makes sense that I needed to check NAV Data since I was in the Oceanic portion of flight with no way to do a DME update.  Here are the shots.

Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!

Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!

As you can see I was using INS 1 for NAV.  I do not understand the reason for switching the MSU switch to "ATT" or turning the unit off.  I then lose that MSU/CDU for the rest of the flight.  

Despite the warning I made an uneventful trip to LFPG updating the lower waypoints to new ones as I was flying from current WP 8 to current WP 9 in each CDU using the "REMOTE" buttons.

As for the warning light, is there any way to extinguish that until I get back in range of a VOR so I can do DME updating?

As to "131" code.  How did Concorde handle those codes on the real CIV-A, since they too flew at speeds in excess of 910 KT groundspeed (I was at M2.02 for most of the flight)?

Randy

View Profile   IP Logged
Gianfranco Corrias

Reply #8 - Oct 15th, 2012, 5:51pm

Just  to be sure.Which version of INS is installed in your simulator the IV-A or the IV-AC one?
Gianfranco

« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2012, 6:24pm by Gianfranco Corrias »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Ramjett53
Forum Member

Reply #9 - Oct 15th, 2012, 6:37pm

Gianfranco,

Ah, there may be my problem.  In looking through the CIVA folder in FS9 I now notice there is an "INS.gau" and a "civac.gau"  The panel inputs in my panel config all say "../Civa/Ins!".  Should they say "../Civa/civac!", assuming civac are the Concorde gauges?

By the way I did the Hold/Test action and I have 1.51.0.0 installed.

Randy

View Profile   IP Logged
Gianfranco Corrias

Reply #10 - Oct 15th, 2012, 7:07pm

You're flying a supersonic plane with a subsonic INS.That is the problem.
Install for Concorde Carousel IV-AC and all problem will be solved.
Gianfranco

View Profile   IP Logged
Ramjett53
Forum Member

Reply #11 - Oct 15th, 2012, 7:35pm

It all becomes so clear now.  I have made the proper changes to the panel.cfg and cannot wait to take her up for a test flight.

Many thanks to all who contributed to solving my issue.  I will post the outcome of my test flight here...hopefully saying "Resolved".

Thanks Gianfranco...for your help and for the excellent product you have provided flightsimmers around the world.

Randy

Edit:  Worked as expected with the civac gauge instead of the INS gauge.  No warning light at 1150 GS and no codes.  I feel silly now.

« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2012, 11:17pm by Ramjett53 »  
View Profile   IP Logged