Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simufly.com
  News:
Welcome to the SIMUFLY.COM Discussion Forums!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

CIV-A INS in SSTSIM Payware Concorde (Read 58 times)
Ramjett53
Forum Member

CIV-A INS in SSTSIM Payware Concorde
Oct 30th, 2012, 3:42am

Flying the Concorde has become a real joy for me, first using the two freeware that I know of, the FS France Team Concorde and the L. Guzman Concorde.  Both were a joy to fly, especially after I found out through these helpful forums that I needed to use the civac.gau instead of the INS.gau in the Concorde for supersonic flight.

However, their modeling of fuel transfer and COG management were both not realistic.  That is nothing against either one, as I said, both great freeware products.  But, in my quest for realism, I purchased the SSTSIM Concorde, which comes preconfigured in the panel to use the excellent freeware CIVA INS, but requires you to download separately from this site the actual CIVA product...as it should.

In looking at the panel.cfg for the SSTSIM Concorde I noticed they used the INS.gau for their system, so I changed the entries to reflect the civac.gau instead.  However, two key gauges, the NAVModeTriple gauge and the UpdateFlags gauge were coded directly into their panel and cannot be "uncoded".  Their gauges perform the same function, but look like the realistic Concorde switch and update instrument.

Probably not making sense here, but the INS1/INS2 switch they use successfully engages lateral navigation in INS!CDU1 or INS!CDU2.  It does not engage lateral nav in the civa!CDU1 or civac!CDU2 gauges, so I'm assuming the coded their switch to only look for the INS! gauge, not the civac! gauge.  So, at supersonic speeds I will get the "131" Speed exceeds 900+ red warning light.

Same thing with the civac!CDU's when it comes to updating.  It looks for civac!UpdateFlags and doesn't find it so doesn't complete DME Updating and I fly with an API of "95" for most of my flight.  I always let the API count down to "05" to delay this "95" API as long as possible, but it is inevitable.

Now, I know I have taken the long way to get to my point, and for that I apologize, but is there any problem that you can foresee with my placing the civac!NAVModeTriple gauge and the civac!UpdateFlags gauge into the panel in an out of the way place, like the pedestal?  This would mean the panel has both the SSTSIM coded INS Switch and Updater based on the INS.gau and the actual Switch and Updater in the civac.gauge.  Will they conflict?

Randy

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Re: CIV-A INS in SSTSIM Payware Concorde
Reply #1 - Oct 30th, 2012, 3:12pm

If I remeber correctly, SSTSIM is a quite old product and it may require an older version of CIVA.

> Will they conflict?

Sorry but....YES, you cannot do that.

View Profile   IP Logged
Ramjett53
Forum Member

Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2012, 5:55pm

Thanks Marco,

All the manuals and forums reference CIVA 1.40 and there are a few mentions of 1.51, but not a whole lot.  The manual says download 1.40 from the SimuFly site here, but I don't see a 1.40 archived download anywhere.

Ideas?

Randy

Edit:  Disregard.  I hate it when I get overanxious.  After going back to the SSTSIM site I found a reference to an SSTSIM SP1 in June 2007 when you good folks here released the 1.50+ version.  I made the assumption that since I purchased SSTSIM only a week ago that SP1 was incorporated into it.  Not so...so I downloaded and installed it and discovered brand new panel configs with lines referencing "../CIVA/civac!cdu1, etc, etc, etc"  Took a test flight and all is working fine.

Randy

« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2012, 5:19am by Ramjett53 »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2012, 1:15pm

Hello Randy,

> Took a test flight and all is working fine

That's the important thing! Smiley

BTW Version 1.40 is available @flightsim.com

View Profile   IP Logged