Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simufly.com
  News:
CIVA Version 1.60 X64 for Prepar 3d 4.x now available
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Error code 05-04??? It shoudn't exist! (Read 107 times)
ramon.cutanda
Forum Member

Cieza - Murcia - Spain
Error code 05-04??? It shoudn't exist!
Nov 9th, 2012, 4:28pm

Hi,

I'm using Concorde-X from Flightsim Labs. After a correct positioning and aligment I get error after a while 05-04. After clearing the error (pressing test twice) it reappears after a while, and it only appears in INS 1 and 2, #3 is OK. I've read the documentation and searched but I can't seem to find anything about this error. What's more. In the documentation errors codes skip from 04 to 06. Error 05 shouldn't exist!!!

I've been using Concorde-X and Simufly Carousel for a very short period of time, so perhaps I'm missig something important. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!

« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2012, 4:29pm by ramon.cutanda »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Gianfranco Corrias

Re: Error code 05-04??? It shoudn't exist!
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2012, 6:49pm

As you can notice by our attachment the problem is that the INS you posted isn't the Civa one.Discover which INS is  and ask to the authors what means the code 05-04.
Gianfranco
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!
or Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!
!!

« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2012, 6:55pm by Gianfranco Corrias »  
View Profile   IP Logged
vololiberista

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2012, 7:27pm

I have looked up both my VC10 Flight Manuel and the Delco Carousel manuel and cannot trace your error codes.
When you select DSRTK/STS the first code is the action code the second obtained by clicking the test button is the malfunction code.
In the VC10 manuel there is an action code 05 but the associated malfunction codes are 17 & 18 not 04. Malfunction codes start from 10.
05 17 Gyro Saturation
05 18 Torque

Noted as: "Possible transient fault try re-setting malfunction. Switch OFF and RE-ALIGN."
"If warnings persist and malfunctions will not reset replace Nav Unit."

I'm not aware of any other Concorde INS other than Simufly's. I have never seen your error code.

View Profile   IP Logged
ramon.cutanda
Forum Member

Cieza - Murcia - Spain
Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2012, 7:36pm

Thanks so much for the replies. This is extracted from Concorde-X manual, by Flightsim Labs:

------------------------------

CIVA INS Installation
The Concorde-X installer will download, extract and install the CIVA INS to the FSX folder.
If an error occurs and the installer cannot access the CIVA download, the user will need to manually
complete the CIVA INS install procedure:
• Download the freeware CIVA INS from Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!

• Install the program to the Flight Simulator X directory.
Delco Carousel IV-A Inertial Navigation System Gauges for Microsoft Flight Simulator
Copyright(c) 2003-2007, Marco Ravanello & Gianfranco Corrias
All Rights Reserved. Version 1.51.00, Build 2296, October 2007
IMPORTANT
There is no need to manually install gauges as
stated in the CIVA installer.
Concorde-X is pre-configured during the initital
installation for use with the CIVA INS.

------------------------------

That's the reason why I came to this forum for help.  I'll try to manually reinstall...

Thanks for your interest in my issue!

Bests,

View Profile   IP Logged
ramon.cutanda
Forum Member

Cieza - Murcia - Spain
Reply #4 - Nov 9th, 2012, 11:36pm

I've just deleted and reinstalled CIVA from your website and didn't help. I'm getting the same error. I can fly without problems. Everything seems to work OK. Just getting the 05-04 warning every couple of minutes during all the flight.

If anyone comes with any idea that would be great. I'll format my computer and install Windows 8 from scratch in a couple of weeks. If a solution hasn't come up by then I'll let you know if everything stays the same after a 100% clean install.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

View Profile   IP Logged
Gianfranco Corrias

Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2012, 9:57am

Hi,
The Action codes 05 in our INS has not be written by the programmer so it's not possible that such codes can appear on the display of our civa INS.The real ins civa 28-A program hasn't the group of Action codes 05
they don't exist in the real INS and consequently in our simulated INS have not be reported being our INS a replica of the DELCO CAROUSEL IV INS CIVA 28-A PROGRAM.
I'm reading in one of your previous post that you are speaking about the CIVA IV-A on a Concorde.Concorde is a supersonic plane so the CIVA IV-AC is needed.
About codes 05 I think it's better to ask your INS authors.
Regards
Gianfranco

« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2012, 10:07am by Gianfranco Corrias »  
View Profile   IP Logged
vololiberista

Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2012, 9:58am

It being a CIVA INS from Simufly means that your error isn't even programmed!!!
However, if indeed you are receiving action code 05 then follow the VC10 flight manual instructions.
Noted as: "Possible transient fault try re-setting malfunction. Switch OFF and RE-ALIGN."
"If warnings persist and malfunctions will not reset replace Nav Unit."
Note that action code 05 only occurs during alignment.
vololiberista

« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2012, 9:59am by vololiberista »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Gianfranco Corrias

Reply #7 - Nov 10th, 2012, 10:15am

Hi Vololiberista,
why you are speaking about the Civa 28-A program looking at Civa 23 program manual.The mulfunction group of INS aligment in the 28-A program is 04 and the group 05 even it DOESN'T EXIST at all.
Regards
Gianfranco

« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2012, 4:07pm by Gianfranco Corrias »  
View Profile   IP Logged
ramon.cutanda
Forum Member

Cieza - Murcia - Spain
Reply #8 - Nov 10th, 2012, 11:33am

Thank you once again for your detailed explanation. I've post my question in the official Concorde-X forum. I'll post here any relevant information so that anyone in the future with the same issue can find the solution.

I'm sorry for the trouble. Thanks for your patience.

Kind regards,

View Profile   IP Logged
Gianfranco Corrias

Reply #9 - Nov 10th, 2012, 4:06pm

Hi,
don't worry Ramon this isn't a problem and the best thing I can say you is that I'm not envying the software looking at the codes it 's firing up but surely I'm envying the superb photorealistic graphics of this INS.
Regards
Gianfranco

View Profile   IP Logged
ramon.cutanda
Forum Member

Cieza - Murcia - Spain
Reply #10 - Nov 10th, 2012, 4:18pm

Andrew Wilson, from Flightsim Labs, made the suggestion of deleting Bae_Conc.Isd, I guess that's a custom file Concorde-X adds to Simufly CIVA. I erased it and, after starting a new flight, a new one was created.

The error reappeared but, after clearing it once so far... it's gone! Right now I'm at cruise altitude in a Dakar - Rio flight. I'll have a look if the warning comes up again after switching cards, during the flight or in my next flight. I'll let you know how things go.

THANKS!!!  Cheesy

View Profile   IP Logged
vololiberista

Reply #11 - Nov 10th, 2012, 6:29pm

Hi Vololiberista,
why you are speaking about the Civa 28-A program looking at Civa 23 program manual.The mulfunction group of INS aligment in the 28-A program is 04 and the group 05 even it DOESN'T EXIST at all.
Regards
Gianfranco

Ciao Gianfranco,
I am aware that in both manuals, that is yours and the one I have, action code 05 is action code 04.
I'm not clear off-hand the exact model used in the VC10's other than the given description "Carousel IV" but the flight manual clearly lists both code 04 and 05 for this model. BOAC/BA used INS in conjunction with Dopler and indeed the INS Wind option was disabled!
vololiberista

« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2012, 6:30pm by vololiberista »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Gianfranco Corrias

Reply #12 - Nov 10th, 2012, 7:07pm

Hi Vololiberista,
The VC10 has been a very old english plane and I think the INS version for this plane has been may be older than civa 23.
Anyway I used the civa 28-A  up to 1998 and the Action code 05 was no more present: it was cancelled.In your post you say that the codes 05-17 is for Gyro saturation and the code 05-18 is for Torque.
Those failures are part of the Action codes dedicated to the navigation accuracy and in the civa 28-A are included in the Action codes 02-13,
02-14,02-15.The problem isn't the plane model but is that many years are gone from the VC-10 time and the Delco has improuved changing completely the INS software.
Regards
Gianfranco

« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2012, 7:07pm by Gianfranco Corrias »  
View Profile   IP Logged
ramon.cutanda
Forum Member

Cieza - Murcia - Spain
Reply #13 - Nov 14th, 2012, 9:04pm

After a couple of flights I can confirm that deleting Bae_Conc.lsd was the solution in my case. I'd simple like to confirm that information just in case someone else has to face an error like mine.

Thanks once again.

Regards,

View Profile   IP Logged
vololiberista

Reply #14 - Nov 15th, 2012, 4:16pm

ramon.cutanda wrote on Nov 14th, 2012, 9:04pm:
After a couple of flights I can confirm that deleting Bae_Conc.lsd was the solution in my case. I'd simple like to confirm that information just in case someone else has to face an error like mine.

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Just imagine that the engineering boys have done a D check and took the opportunity to upgrade your  INS. Each unit costing as much as an entire light aircraft!!!!
vololiberista

View Profile   IP Logged
Vladimir
Forum Member

Romania
Reply #15 - Aug 1st, 2013, 2:00pm

Hi,

Just saw this thread and found a possible reason for 05-04 error - please take a look at CIVA GaugesUserManual.pdf, towards its end, and you'll find that:

Quote:
So if an ADEU
error occurs, an Error Code 05 will be activated, plus a 2 digits Malfunction Code to be
interpreted using the following table:

05-04 Error retrieving the content of "<FS Root>/Civa/Adeu" folder. Make sure folder exists
and place there all *.AWC and *.ADC files.

These errors seem to be related to  ADEU unit/functionality.

Regards,
Vladimir

View Profile   IP Logged