Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simufly.com
  News:
Welcome to the SIMUFLY.COM Discussion Forums!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Another Civa INS and RFP Question (Read 35 times)
UAL008
Forum Member

Southern Illinois
Another Civa INS and RFP Question
Oct 16th, 2014, 1:30am

Thanks for allowing me to join your forum first off. Glad to be a part of it.

Next, I have been using the old classic RFP 742 (Ready for Pushback) for years on end now and only just recently discovered and installed the Civa INS. I installed the civa_hsi_v1_1 guage as well.

Now the million dollar question.... I now have a Battery Parallel switch in my radio stack. Can anyone tell me what that switch does? If I power up my aircraft battery and power up the ins units (3), if I flip that switch it shuts down my INS units.

Just curious what it is and how it is supposed to be used in this wonderful unit.

Thanks for your time!

Ray

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Re: Another Civa INS and RFP Question
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2014, 1:41pm

OperationsManual.pdf page 8:

1) The switch is guarded in normal position: in case of power loss each INS unit will be connected to its own battery.

2) Cover open, switch still in the NORMAL position

3) ON: INS 1 and INS 3 batteries are paralleled to power INS 1. INS 3 is not powered.

Basically in case of power loss you can decide to sacrifice INS 3 and use its battery to power INS 1 (in parallel with INS 1 own battery) to extend its operating time.

View Profile   IP Logged
UAL008
Forum Member

Southern Illinois
Re: Another Civa INS and RFP Question
Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2014, 12:07am

Thanks for the reply Marco.

I have read the manual a few times but not quite sure how I missed that. I am a little embarassed now to say the least.  Grin

I really appreciate it. Now All I need to do is get the update process down pat.

I started using the ADEU cards as well with one of the nifty converters a user posted in one your other threads on this board.

Civa is awesome. I am just sorry for my self that in all the years I have owned RFP 747 I never used the civa until now.

Thanks again and take care!

Ray

View Profile WWW   IP Logged