Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simufly.com
  News:
The forum time is GMT/UTC, you can set your local time accessing the personal Profile menu
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Keyboard inactive (Read 35 times)
Julien
Forum Member

France (LFMP)
Keyboard inactive
Nov 26th, 2014, 1:02pm

Hello,

this my first post, but I'm using CIVA INS since years, on Concorde (FSFrance, Guzman and SSTSim) or Fokker 70 from Project Fokker.

But for the first time, i'm not able tu use my keyboard anymore to interact with the gauge. I'm using F9.1 on Win7.
I tried to reinstall the gauge, nothing changed.

The only major modification is that i'm now using a Saitek Proflight Yoke with the throttle quadrant. But even when it is disconnected, it's not working. The keys are acting as they should in FS, but not on the CDU. And yes, I click on the screw and there is the little fictive green light  Wink

Please help!
Thanks!

« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2014, 4:30pm by Julien »  

Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Re: Keyboard inactive
Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2014, 3:14pm

Hello Julien,

as far as I understood the keyboard was working correctly until you installed the Saitek Yoke, is this correct?

If so could you try to uninstall Saitek drivers and retry?
Not as a solution, just to understand if that is the cause of the problem.

Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
Julien
Forum Member

France (LFMP)
Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2014, 2:09pm

Hello, i tried that, unfortunately, no change  Sad

mark767
Forum Member

Reply #3 - Dec 24th, 2014, 6:55pm

I reported the same problem.  It happened a number of years ago when I built a new computer and switched from XP to Windows 7.  I don't think there is a fix.

View Profile   IP Logged
mark767
Forum Member

Reply #4 - Dec 24th, 2014, 7:04pm

I just re-read my old posts.  Its a problem with Windows 7 and the FSCopilot module of FSInn.

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #5 - Dec 27th, 2014, 4:07pm

> Its a problem with Windows 7 and the FSCopilot module of FSInn

Which does not exist under XP?
And which Windows 7? 32 bit? 64bit? Both?

View Profile   IP Logged
Julien
Forum Member

France (LFMP)
Reply #6 - Jan 1st, 2015, 6:06pm

I just uninstalled FSInn and FSCopilot, and now the keyboard is working again to use the CIVA.  Smiley Thanks!

I'm using Windows 7 64bit.
And indeed, I never had this problem with Windows XP 32bit.

Happy new year!

Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #7 - Jan 9th, 2015, 4:31pm

Happy you solved the problem!

View Profile   IP Logged