HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

CIVA hardware (Read 58 times)
Julien
Forum Member

France (LFMP)
CIVA hardware
Dec 4th, 2014, 1:10pm

Hello,

i would like to know if a home-cockpit-builder ever tried to built a CDU-MSU working with the CIVA INS gauge?
One day I would like to build my own cockpit, and having a CIVA INS inside would be great!

Thanks!

Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Re: CIVA hardware
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2014, 4:54pm

As far as I know many tried, but none completed the project. Unfortunately it is not very easy to obtain something similar to a CDU. Plus it would be helpful to also have a MSUs and a 3 way switch to decide on which INS you're acting (so that with just one physical CDU you can control all 3 INS units). It's not actually very complex, the difficult and maybe expensive part is building the CDU.
The very nice thing would be to work on a real CDU hardware but at least here in Italy it's impossible to find one.

I would be very interested in helping, taking responsibility for the software part, but I would need a copy of the hardware to develop/test it.

View Profile   IP Logged
Julien
Forum Member

France (LFMP)
Reply #2 - Jan 1st, 2015, 6:12pm

I was more planning to build an imitation of the CDU than to find and use a real one.
The main question is how to replicate the "screen" of the CDU.
Anyway it's still a project, I will have to think about it ... a lot  Grin

I will contact you if I start building one

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2015, 4:29pm

> I will contact you if I start building one

Standing by.....

(but remember, you'll need to build TWO  Grin)

View Profile   IP Logged