Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simufly.com
  News:
The forum time is GMT/UTC, you can set your local time accessing the personal Profile menu
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Pages: 1 2 
Civa Wont align (Read 110 times)
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Re: Civa Wont align
Reply #20 - Nov 15th, 2016, 9:28am

It means that "next leg" does not exists (or, better, has not been defined).
A "leg" is the segment connecting 2 defined waypoints.
So it looks like you're setting the INS to NAV before entering waypoints. At that point the INS start signaling to the crew (you) that it will NOT be able to navigate since no waypoints were defined.

In addition to the blinking ALERT light on the CDU you should also see the INS continuosly scanning waypoints looking for a valid leg.
On the FromTo display you should see the sequence 01...21...23...43...45...65...67...87...89...

It is not necessary to return to ALIGN to enter waypoints. Enter them while in NAV (manually or using ADEU) and then make sure the active leg is the 01 by pressing: WPCHG 0 1 INSERT.

View Profile   IP Logged
mllgrennman
Forum Member

Reply #21 - Nov 15th, 2016, 8:01pm

yes...i switch to nav before inputting waypoints...i dont want to spend 20 minutes concentrating on exact numbers just to find out that the initial align didnt take...but ive been doing it this way for a long time without this problem?

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #22 - Nov 15th, 2016, 8:47pm

mllgrennman wrote on Nov 15th, 2016, 8:01pm:
...but ive been doing it this way for a long time without this problem?

I believe that's impossible, CIVA gauges haven't been modified since 2007 and the code driving ALERT blinking has been there since the original 1.00 release in 2003 (I checked it).

Also to speed up alignment you could use the fast align button (click on the upper right screw on the MSU to enable it on all installed units). That's not "so" fake Smiley, the actual B747 simulators had it, to avoid wasting almost half an hour (time and money) just waiting for the INS to align.

View Profile   IP Logged
mllgrennman
Forum Member

Reply #23 - Nov 16th, 2016, 4:46am

marco, im telling you i do it that way with no problems...i just did it today...i go to nav after align...and then do my waypoints...and it works with no alert...

View Profile   IP Logged
mllgrennman
Forum Member

Reply #24 - Nov 16th, 2016, 4:50am

i think i may have it solved...i deactivated active sky and she gave no alert when switching to nav...

also...with active sky enabled, the airspeed indicators shows 20kts while parked...and the time to next waypoint readout on the ins shows something like 765 minutes

with active sky deactivated...the ASI shows 0 kts...and the ins time to waypoint shows 9999

could the wind while parked be confusing the ins during align?

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #25 - Nov 16th, 2016, 10:08am

mllgrennman wrote on Nov 16th, 2016, 4:50am:
could the wind while parked be confusing the ins during align?

Definitely YES!
This is actually a bug in the INS which checks IAS even when the aircraft is on ground. I already modified the code to use an internal FS variable which is something like "forward ground velocity" (don't remember exactly now) in order NOT to be influenced by the wind component. Next version will correct this.

What looks strange to me is that you were actually able to align the INS. It should complain and raise 04-57 Action and Malfunction codes meaning "Taxi during alignment"

« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2016, 10:11am by Marco Ravanello »  
View Profile   IP Logged
mllgrennman
Forum Member

Reply #26 - Nov 17th, 2016, 1:04am

i dont get it either...shouldnt wind while parked make a moving while aligning error...resulting in a red light?

for some reason the wind while parked makes a no waypoint error...resulting in the flashing yellow

maybe it has something to do with the time to next waypoint changing?

i dont know...but im glad i can prevent it....its no big deal to hold off on weather until after alignment..

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #27 - Nov 17th, 2016, 9:04am

mllgrennman wrote on Nov 17th, 2016, 1:04am:
its no big deal to hold off on weather until after alignment..

I agree, for the moment that is the only workaround you could use.

Then wait for next CIVA version which will hopefully solve the wind problem

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2