Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simufly.com
  News:
Welcome to the SIMUFLY.COM Discussion Forums!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

very odd behaviour of INS system (Read 31 times)
leon
Forum Member

very odd behaviour of INS system
Jan 9th, 2017, 7:02pm

hello everybody,

let me introduce myself: my name is Leonardo and I'd like to use Civa INS for didactic pourposes for I am a teacher of Science of Navigation.
I found the Civa INS a very good idea, it fulfills a lack of FSX. Beside that, I am experiencing some problems in using it: it does not allow me to change the starting position longitude (as soon as I change latitude, the INSERT button does not light anymore and no possibility to activate the latutide value edit function), the heading is set to a wrong value and  it is not possible to change it. Furthermore, the INS selector is not moving, no possibility to set it "on".
maybe I am doing something wrong but despite I have read the documents attached to the package, I am not able to understand what is going on. I am using it on the Learjet, by using the panel.cfg file included in the installation pack.
I have also tried with TOM727-200ADV with no significant changes.
I am confident someone of you out there has a simple solution, so I kindly ask your help

cheers
Leon

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Re: very odd behaviour of INS system
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2017, 2:05pm

Hello Leon,

> it does not allow me to change the starting position longitude (as soon
> as I change latitude, the INSERT button does not light anymore and no
> possibility to activate the latutide value edit function)

You are very probably pushing INSERT twice after inserting Present Position LAT. You should press it just ONCE (INSERT light will remain ON) and proceed inserting LONG, then press INSERT again (and INSERT light goes OFF).

> the heading is set to a wrong value and  it is not possible to change it

Which "heading"?

> the INS selector is not moving, no possibility to set it "on"

Which INS selector? The MSU Mode Selector or the CDU Data Selector?

Please, as you wrote that you've read the supplied documents, try to use the right "INS terminology" Shocked otherwise it's very hard to understand the problem you're experiencing!

Marco

« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2017, 8:48pm by Marco Ravanello »  
View Profile   IP Logged
leon
Forum Member

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2017, 9:44pm

I really apologize: I said I have read the documents but actually not with the due attention. Sorry to trouble you all with questions that could have an answer just reading a bit closer the documents attached to the package.
You are right: I did hit the insert button twice, then the misunderstood behaviour. Just following carefully the steps described in the tutorial made me able to better understand. This witnesses you have done a great job.
I have now been able to make it work and the system works perfectly as far as I have seen. I appreciate it very much.
It is almost surprising to me it is completely free!
My compliments
Cheers

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2017, 9:57pm

Leon,

the system is NOT easy to master so no need to apologize, and...we're here to help!

> I have now been able to make it work and the system works perfectly as
> far as I have seen. I appreciate it very much.
> It is almost surprising to me it is completely free!
> My compliments

Thank you!  Wink
Marco

View Profile   IP Logged