Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simufly.com
  News:
The forum time is GMT/UTC, you can set your local time accessing the personal Profile menu
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

CS 707 always wants to fly north (Read 31 times)
ikedaman
Forum Member

CS 707 always wants to fly north
Jan 30th, 2017, 10:17pm

i was finally able to get CIVA INS working on KOLM to KSEA after realizing that NavSingleMode button was basically invisible and made it big enough to click on. it worked really well.
so then i tried a couple of flights from KMCI to KSTL  and from KSTL to KMCI following exact same procedure but CS 707 just flies north no matter what i do. finally gave up and went back to KOLM to KSEA.
have no idea what the difference is. loading flights thru ADEU .AWC files with no errors and checking lat/lon and distances before flight.

View Profile   IP Logged
Peter Rabbit
Forum Member

UK
Re: CS 707 always wants to fly north
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2017, 12:51pm

Have you tried tried telling the INS to fly direct to your first/next waypoint........ WY PT CHG/0/1*/INSERT (* or whichever number your next waypoint is)

Is the AUTO/MAN switch set to AUTO ?

View Profile   IP Logged
ikedaman
Forum Member

Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2017, 2:02pm

yes i set it to 1-2 because as per manuals 0-1 is same (ground position) to check that it is 0 miles.
CIVA mode select is on AUTO but have tried MAN just to force it.
also use XTK/TKE to manually fly which is quite accurate and doable.
DME updating is working too - green flag til VOR is out of range.
i am going to revisit this in a couple of days - i just found a post (captainsim.org) about the default doppler flight plan loading (KSEA-KSFF) every time you load CS 707 Captain which explains the let's go north attitude.

Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!

but it seems to me (and this works if i use DNS) you simply override that with the CIVA as any flight plan can be overridden thru use of autopilot or hand flying. to me CIVA and DNS are just another form of autopilot.

View Profile   IP Logged
Peter Rabbit
Forum Member

UK
Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2017, 12:05am

Ok, sounds like a CS707 issue.

BTW .... 0 is always your present position, so if you wish to fly direct to a waypoint you would always use 0-1 or 0-2

View Profile   IP Logged
ikedaman
Forum Member

Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2017, 3:08pm

problem solved - it is the aircraft not fsx or CIVA.
i installed the CIVA in a Piper Meridian (randomly picked) and flew my .awc files from KOLM-KSEA, KMCI-KSTL and KSTL-KMCI and it worked flawlessy (except for the increasing API).
when using the CS 707 Captain if you go to world..map and zoom out you will see that the default Doppler Navigation flight plan (KSEA-KSFF) is being loaded every time you use the CS707 and the autopilot in nav or hdg will head north for KSEA or KSFF - i'm not sure which is the departure and which is the destination.
when i switch to fs2004 i will install the CIVA in the Legendary 707 which does not have Doppler Navigation and see what happens. it is my understanding that this gauge was developed for fs2004 in the first place.

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #5 - Feb 4th, 2017, 12:40pm

I'd check CS forums.

Yes, CIVA was originally developed for FS2004, then made compatible with newer FS versions, including P3D.

View Profile   IP Logged