Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simufly.com
  News:
CIVA Version 1.60 X64 for Prepar 3d 4.x now available
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Pages: 1 2 3 
64-bit INS for P3D v4 / FS Labs Concorde-X (Read 307 times)
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Re: 64-bit INS for P3D v4 / FS Labs Concorde-X
Reply #20 - Aug 1st, 2017, 1:37pm

> just wondering if you have had a chance to test the 64bit INS

Not at all. I still haven't compiled it plus...I don't own P3DV4 yet Grin
In these days I seldom use FSX/P3D so the only reason to pay for P3DV4 would be to test CIVA64 and consequently I'm not going to spend money until I'm 110% sure I can test it...

View Profile   IP Logged
Ray
Forum Member

Cheshire, England
Reply #21 - Aug 1st, 2017, 2:30pm

Hi Marco,

Can you explain how this works please? I understand you don't want to buy P3D v4 purely for testing CIVA. Do you have anyone who can test it for you without you needing to buy a licence?

Or are you happy to buy P3D v4 when you have a compile fee of errors?

Regards,
Ray
Cheshire, England
View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #22 - Aug 1st, 2017, 2:55pm

Hello Ray,

Good question!
You basically listed the two possible options: Buy P3DV4 and do tests by my own or rely on somebody else.

When applied changes are small and or relative to a specific area then using a third party "tester" is possible. But CIVA64 is unfortunately a much more massive update, and the fact that it compiles fine does NOT mean it will work. So I fear I'll have to get P3DV4, at least for the initial testing of the 64bit port.

View Profile   IP Logged
Ray
Forum Member

Cheshire, England
Reply #23 - Aug 1st, 2017, 5:07pm

Hi Marco. Do you have a PayPal account? If so and given CJVA INS is freeware I'm happy to make a small donation towards your purchase of v4 given you're only having to buy it for testing.

I'm sure there are other Concorde users who might also like to help. I appreciate this does not guarantee FSL will go ahead with 64-bit Concorde but with a working INS it makes it plausible.

PM me if you wish.  Smiley

Regards,
Ray
Cheshire, England
View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #24 - Aug 1st, 2017, 8:27pm

Ray,

Ray wrote on Aug 1st, 2017, 5:07pm:
given CJVA INS is freeware I'm happy to make a small donation towards your purchase of v4 given you're only having to buy it for testing.

honestly speaking, your offer leaves me a bit hesitant because, at least at this point, I don't know if I'll ever be able to deliver/release something.
And if, for any reason, I'll NOT be able to make CIVA64 available, I'd feel like having stolen some money. Consequently I believe it is too early to even talk about "donations". Nevertheless thank you so much for your kind offer!

On top of this, the second reason is that, seeing that your interest in CIVA64 is mostly related to FSLABS Concorde X, I must clearly state that I'll NOT/never release CIVA64 version 1.51 (Concorde X supports) because, since many months ago, I am working on version 1.60, providing some fixes and some enhancements.

Version 1.60 will be the one I'll release, if ever, in 64bit flavor (in addition to the usual 32bit versions). When 1.60 will be published version 1.51 automatically becomes "obsolete", not because of the few enhancements 1.60 contains, but because of fixes.

I'm sure you'd say this is nice but, from your point of view, you should not because 1.60 is NOT compatible with Concorde X "as is".

Concorde X, as it is, ported to 64bit, would NOT work with CIVA64 1.60

This means FSLABS guys would have not only to port Concorde X to P3DV4 but also to invest some time modifying the interface between CIVA and their panel/modeled subsystems. Don't ask me how much additional effort would be required. They wouldn't know either, because technical details of what has changed are not yet available.

> this does not guarantee FSL will go ahead with 64-bit Concorde but with
> a working INS it makes it plausible

So this is unfortunately not the case, but, maybe...the opposite. The "pushing factor" I see is that once, if ever, CIVA 1.60 will be made available, the compatibility/upgrade issue will also impact, and involve, the 32bit community. And, if the upgrade will be considered, and they get their hands on the code, it will maybe be possible they'll decide to also bring it to 64bit (usually what happens is that once you get familiar with a complex source code, which takes, time, then applying two changes/enhancements instead of just one is very cost effective, compared to a scenario where the two changes are applied separately, requiring two familiarization sessions)

Note I am always available to provide "alpha release" preliminary documents, and potentially even 32bit version of the 1.60 gauges, to anybody willing to integrate CIVA within a panel, for development and testing purposes.

Anyway we're discussing about nothing as CIVA 1.60 32/64 does not currently exist...

Once again thank you!

View Profile   IP Logged
Ray
Forum Member

Cheshire, England
Reply #25 - Aug 1st, 2017, 9:29pm

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the news on v1.60. I have to admit feeling quite depressed knowing that version won't be compatible with Concorde without an unknown amount of work from FSL.

They haven't released the A320 yet so any work on Concorde is still some way off. I know you and Lefteris keep in touch when necessary so I think it's probably best I leave you alone until the future is clear about compatibility.

The offer still stands should you need P3D v4. Hopefully we'll see Concorde in the future but if not then at least we still have the 32-bit version.

Good luck with the conversion and please keep us advised if anything of any significance happens.

Regards,
Ray
Cheshire, England
View Profile   IP Logged
ssimm1958
Forum Member

Decatur, AL. USA
Reply #26 - Sep 25th, 2017, 7:32pm

Hi, I don't fly the Condord but would really love to see it for v4 as would like to use with all my older planes, just flights upgraded v4-dc8, L-1011 Tristar, and when updated captain sims B707, B727, ETC. Models that flew b4 fmc tech, and also would be willing to make a donation for a 64-bit version as v4 is really cool, as gets u out of the 4 gig OOM limitation. Please keep us informed of ur progress (as have done so well), also if it were a way to, chip in with others willing to donate, to if possibly gift you v4 so would be able to test your upgrade, would be willing to participate.

« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2017, 7:48pm by ssimm1958 »  

If It Aint Broke, Then Don't Fix It
View Profile   IP Logged
ssimm1958
Forum Member

Decatur, AL. USA
Reply #27 - Sep 25th, 2017, 7:51pm

having a Delco Carousel IV-A INS for the older planes helps so much to being emersed in the sim..

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #28 - Oct 6th, 2017, 3:30pm

Quick update: I was finally able to correct all errors and successfully compile the gauge, there are still tons of warning messages from the compiler but as far as I checked them they should not cause any major (negative) effect on gauges functionalities. The area where I'm expecting problems is the code itself, being able to compile it doesn't mean it will actually work  Grin

A question for Prepar3d experts: Would I be entitled to buy an Academic version?
I tried looking here (Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!
) but I'm not able to open the relevant link...

View Profile   IP Logged
Ray
Forum Member

Cheshire, England
Reply #29 - Oct 6th, 2017, 3:57pm

Hi Marco,

This is very encouraging news.  Smiley I was able to click on the v4 Academic option then there’s a checkbox bottom left of the EULA you have to click before choosing I Agree.

Yes, most people buy the Academic licence. Look forward to hearing how your code holds up.  Smiley

« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2017, 4:03pm by Ray »  

Regards,
Ray
Cheshire, England
View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #30 - Oct 12th, 2017, 11:27am

I was able to get a P3DV4 License and test Civa and Civac gauges. After some fighting I'm happy to announce that 64 bit version of both gauges work very well.

Not only gauges but also the SDK and the Civa XML Bridge were successfully compiled in 64 bit mode and were tested to be working.

Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
Ray
Forum Member

Cheshire, England
Reply #31 - Oct 31st, 2017, 5:25pm

Hi Marco,

That’s great news. Thanks for letting us know. Do you think it will work with Concorde?

Regards,
Ray
Cheshire, England
View Profile   IP Logged
mark767
Forum Member

Reply #32 - Nov 4th, 2017, 12:33pm

Wow amazing news.  Thanks for your efforts on this Marco.

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #33 - Nov 6th, 2017, 4:33pm

Ray wrote on Oct 31st, 2017, 5:25pm:
Hi Marco,

That’s great news. Thanks for letting us know. Do you think it will work with Concorde?

Ray,

no, it will NOT work with FsLabs Concorde, not even in FSX/P3DV1/2/3

Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
Ray
Forum Member

Cheshire, England
Reply #34 - Nov 6th, 2017, 5:25pm

[quote author=765A49585464695A4D5A555E5757543B0 link=1496075111/20#33 date=1509986001] Quote:
Ray,

no, it will NOT work with FsLabs Concorde, not even in FSX/P3DV1/2/3

Marco

Thanks Marco. A decision about a 64-big Concorde has still to be made by FSL but I know you have had discussions with them. All we can do is be patient.

Regards,
Ray
Cheshire, England
View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #35 - Nov 6th, 2017, 7:38pm

Ray,

all I can do is to let them know a 64-bit CIVA exists, then, as you said, it's up to them.

What you, FsLabs Concorde users/owners, can do is to push to get it.

Honestly I'm not much interested in the matter as (a) I don't own/use their Concorde and (b) I don't get paid so, once CIVA64 will be officially released, my mission will be complete.

Good luck!  Cool

View Profile   IP Logged
Ray
Forum Member

Cheshire, England
Reply #36 - Nov 6th, 2017, 10:05pm

Hi Marco,

I’m very grateful for your efforts. I and many Concorde users will keep our fingers crossed that your CIVA INS can be used in that aircraft.

Regards,
Ray
Cheshire, England
View Profile   IP Logged
Paul Jean
Forum Member

Reply #37 - Nov 14th, 2017, 1:20pm

Let me add my thanks for this wonderfull new.

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #38 - Nov 14th, 2017, 2:49pm

You're all very welcome!
I'm planning to release a beta of the CIVA64 soon.
I'll open a separate thread here in the forum when ready.

View Profile   IP Logged
ssimm1958
Forum Member

Decatur, AL. USA
Reply #39 - Dec 2nd, 2017, 6:07pm

ETA??

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3