Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simufly.com
  News:
The forum time is GMT/UTC, you can set your local time accessing the personal Profile menu
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Numpad capture causes FSInn keyboard desync (Read 279 times)
albertomolteni
Forum Member

Numpad capture causes FSInn keyboard desync
Jun 1st, 2007, 4:53pm

Ciao,

first of all my hat goes off to you for an excellent product, I am enjoying it very much.

I have discovered that when flying on vatsim with FSInn (1.2 + Copilot 1.6), activating the numpad capture on any CIVA CDU (and then deactivating it, of course) will desync the Control panel from the keyboard for the rest of the FS session. In other words, the FSFDT Control panel no longer recognizes keyboard inputs (any key), one notable effect of this is that PTT keys stop working (I discovered the hard way Cheesy). The Inn Chat (ATC comms) keeps working normally and recognizes keyboard input.

This happens both when deactivating via the screw and via the / numpad key. Also closing and relaunching the Control panel won't solve the issue, nor will relaunching FSInn completely. There are two solutions I see:

a) never activate CIVA numpad capture, FSInn works perfect until you do. Or...
b) use a joystick key as PTT, the joystick capture is unaffected.

I don't think this needs an urgent fix, but just letting you know for future releases Wink Once again, thanks for the gauge.

Alberto

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Re: Numpad capture causes FSInn keyboard desync
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2007, 5:03pm

Ciao Alberto,

Is the source code public/available? I'd like to check how input is managed. I think that if it uses DirectInput then there might be a small problem in it (few lines missing to get back a good handle to keyboard).

I'd be available to look at it and help but of course I would need at least the piece of source code dealing with keyboard input.

Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
albertomolteni
Forum Member

Re: Numpad capture causes FSInn keyboard desync
Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2007, 6:32pm

Well certainly not the whole code, as it is covered by the vatsim non-disclosure agreement. Perhaps the keyboard functions alone...

I shall install the latest version of FSInn (though I doubt this will change anything, changelog shows nothing in the way of input management), if the problem persists I will ask the developer of FSInn if he can share some of his code. Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged