Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simufly.com
  News:
Welcome to the SIMUFLY.COM Discussion Forums!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

02-65/63-65 error (Read 333 times)
cactusfire
Forum Member

02-65/63-65 error
Jul 30th, 2007, 7:43pm

I'm having some troubles with the alignment.  I'm not moving the plane, and have followed the tutorial, and after watching the advisory decrease from 95 to 75 and then 65, yet the advisory never goes below 65.  The last time I tried it, after waiting 15 minutes or so again, WARN illuminated, and ALERT flashed.   I pressed TEST to clear the error messages, but then it displayed a change from "002 65" to "063 65" - neither of which are listed in the Malfunction codes.  Pressing TEST again only toggles the display back and forth between "002 65" and "063 65".

Looks like a great gauge - I just can't get it to work! Help?

=

View Profile   IP Logged
johnsmithe15
Forum Member

London UK
Re: 02-65/63-65 error
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2007, 9:43am

I had that 063 also the other day in triple configuration, it was on INS #2, I shut that INS down, then opened it up again and aligned it, it worked fine.

I find the API does sometimes get stuck at 65, just press the fast align button a good few times, if this doesnt do the trick I usually take the whole thing back to standby and start from scratch.

I'm no expert I only started using the INS 2 weekends ago and its been a long hard slog to beginning to feel confident with it........but it IS worth it.

Johnny

View Profile   IP Logged
cactusfire
Forum Member

Reply #2 - Jul 31st, 2007, 2:01pm

Thanks - I'll give that a try.  I'm using a single INS configuration...wonder if that has anything to do with it.

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #3 - Aug 1st, 2007, 9:10am

The actual Action/Malfunction Codes are 02-63 (see DisplayedStatus.pdf) and they could appear under two different conditions:

a) could be randomly generated by the gauge itself, to simulate a failure in the hardware
b) could be generated as a result of taxing or taking off with a non aligned or badly aligned unit

Case (a) is very very rare so I believe in you're experiencing condition (b). So make sure all units are well aligned and in NAV Mode before moving the plane.

Regards
Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
cactusfire
Forum Member

Reply #4 - Aug 8th, 2007, 7:22pm

Well like I said, it displayed "002 65" and "063 65" - not "02-63", so it doesn't seem like it is because of (b), and since case (a) is very rare and since it happens every time I try to align the system, I think there must be something else going on.  I have a parked aircraft and waypoints 0 and 1 set to the aircraft's position.  What else am I msissing?

View Profile   IP Logged
Gianfranco Corrias

Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2007, 9:32am

Have also a look at the topic"INS ALIGNMENT ISSUE"
Gianfranco

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #6 - Aug 14th, 2007, 8:42am

cactusfire wrote on Aug 8th, 2007, 7:22pm:
Well like I said, it displayed "002 65" and "063 65" - not "02-63", so it doesn't seem like it is because of (b), and since case (a) is very rare and since it happens every time I try to align the system, I think there must be something else going on.  I have a parked aircraft and waypoints 0 and 1 set to the aircraft's position.  What else am I msissing?

The Action code is 02 and the Malfunction code is 63. And I still believe you're experiencing case (b).
Did you align all INS units?

Regards
Marco

View Profile   IP Logged