Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simufly.com
  News:
The forum time is GMT/UTC, you can set your local time accessing the personal Profile menu
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

DME Updating (Read 235 times)
JohannT.
Forum Member

DME Updating
Aug 25th, 2007, 3:54pm

Hi there,

i just go one question about the DME Updating process, although it nearly always works fine for me, if i enter the DME elevation, i first press 2, thereafter i can insert the elevation and press INSERT...but how exactly ( i read the tutorial flight some time ago and it wasn't really clear to me) do i enter the elevation...let's say the DME is at 1500ft ...what do i do? Press 1 5 then INSERT or how is it exactly entered...?

Regards and thanks for your great great addons...at the moment it's getting me across the atlantic on a DC-10 Wink (the only thing that would improve it would be a real CDU unit , like the hardware you can buy for FMC's to use with FS9)

johann

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Re: DME Updating
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2007, 8:50am

DME Station height has to be specified in thousands of feet. Minimum value is 0, maximum value is either 15 or 16, I don't remember right now. So if you insert "15" the INS will consider it to be 15000 feet ASL, which is not your case.
I'd say (Gianfranco knows for sure) that 0~4 is rounded to 0 and 5~9 to 1 so 1500 should be inserted as 02 (2000 feet)

Regards
Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
JohannT.
Forum Member

Re: DME Updating
Reply #2 - Sep 1st, 2007, 7:16pm

thanks...

View Profile   IP Logged