Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simufly.com
  News:
Welcome to the SIMUFLY.COM Discussion Forums!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

CIVA/C 1.50 stopped working properly (Read 530 times)
opherben
Forum Member

Slovakia
CIVA/C 1.50 stopped working properly
Sep 2nd, 2007, 11:36am

Hello,
I have been away for a while and surely must have forgotten some of my system operation knowhow Smiley I flew 1.50 OK for a while and am now getting the same problem each time, even after manual CIVA removal and reinstall. The aircraft used are SSTSIM with the proper SSTSIM aircraft modification, and RFP B742 both version 2 and VIP, for which I modified the panel.cfg to include ADEU (ADEUs work well).
Following takeoff or wait on ground, approximately 20 minutes after alignment, all CDU battery amber lights come on, proper navigation and automatic leg sequencing are lost . When flight continues, the red MSU lights come on and power is lost to the INS. I've seen codes 103, 122, 123 and am not sure what they mean. All other aircraft systems are working properly and electric power supply is nominal. Alignment and ground prep are fine, without action/ caution codes.
Reinstall didn't help. Each aircraft type is set to have a separate .Isd file, erasing those before flight didn't help.
Any ideas?

« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2007, 10:00am by opherben »  

Regards, Opher
View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Re: CIVA/C 1.50 stopped working properly
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2007, 11:33am

Sounds like INS gauges can't get electrical power from generators...

Regards
Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
opherben
Forum Member

Slovakia
Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2007, 6:54pm

Anything I can do to fix it? All aircraft fly well, the RFP v.2 and 3 have no problems whatsoever with 2 other INS types.

Regards, Opher
View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2007, 9:22am

There should be a way to fix it as it is not normal. I don't know what changes you made to your system so that it started behaving like that, maybe FsUipc settings?

Regards
Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
opherben
Forum Member

Slovakia
Reply #4 - Sep 4th, 2007, 9:31am

Ciao Marco,
FSUIPC (full) is set to normal default except for wind, battery set to never deplete.
I reset FS9 defaults to no avail. Unless someone comes up with ideas, next I will reinstal FS 9.1 to try eliminate this.

Marco Ravanello wrote on Sep 4th, 2007, 9:22am:
There should be a way to fix it as it is not normal. I don't know what changes you made to your system so that it started behaving like that, maybe FsUipc settings?

Regards
Marco

Regards, Opher
View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #5 - Sep 4th, 2007, 4:37pm

> battery set to never deplete

The problem is related to generators, not the battery....

Do you experience the problem also when you use a default aircraft/panel?

Regards
Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
opherben
Forum Member

Slovakia
Reply #6 - Sep 4th, 2007, 6:36pm

No, I have no default aircraft fitted with CIVA, only RFP and SSTSIM.

Marco Ravanello wrote on Sep 4th, 2007, 4:37pm:
> battery set to never deplete

The problem is related to generators, not the battery....

Do you experience the problem also when you use a default aircraft/panel?

Regards
Marco

Regards, Opher
View Profile   IP Logged
opherben
Forum Member

Slovakia
Reply #7 - Sep 4th, 2007, 7:30pm

CIVA is working fine on the default 734, so I will check both my aircraft and FS9.
Grazie mille!!

Regards, Opher
View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #8 - Sep 5th, 2007, 9:00am

> CIVA is working fine on the default 734

Then I'd deduce that FS9 and CIVA are installed correctly and working fine

Ciao
Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
opherben
Forum Member

Slovakia
Reply #9 - Sep 5th, 2007, 11:09am

I have now freshly reinstalled: FS9.1, RFP B72 v.2 and CIVA 1.50. The same problem exists: Initial alignment fine. After a while on NAV, codes 103, 122, 123 appear, status after a while 94. Waited on APU 1 hour, started engines, all BAT amber lights turn on after takeoff, and after 25 minutes all CDSUs turn off. FS9.1 is fine, CIVA is fine when not working in RFP B742. Tried it also with similar results on CIVA 1.40 (CDU 1 didn't work due to expiration but CDU 2 and 3 worked).

« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2007, 11:13am by opherben »  

Regards, Opher
View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #10 - Sep 5th, 2007, 1:33pm

> Waited on APU 1 hour, started engines, all BAT amber lights turn on after takeoff

First of all CIVA is not sensible to RFP's APU. CIVA hai its own "simulated APU" which provides power IF acft is on the ground AND ground speed is zero o negative (pushback) or anyway less that 0.2 knots.

As soon as you move the plane, CIVA will try to get power from onboard GENERATORS, if they are not available it will switch to its OWN BATTERY.

And I believe your problem is that, somehow (situation loaded?) generators are OFF.

View Profile   IP Logged
opherben
Forum Member

Slovakia
Reply #11 - Sep 5th, 2007, 5:06pm

The RFP B742 has AC and DC voltage and ameter indicators for all busses, generators and transformer rectifiers, like the real plane. 28VDC and 115VAC 400Hz on all of the 4 generators. All busses are powered.

Marco Ravanello wrote on Sep 5th, 2007, 1:33pm:
> Waited on APU 1 hour, started engines, all BAT amber lights turn on after takeoff

First of all CIVA is not sensible to RFP's APU. CIVA hai its own "simulated APU" which provides power IF acft is on the ground AND ground speed is zero o negative (pushback) or anyway less that 0.2 knots.

As soon as you move the plane, CIVA will try to get power from onboard GENERATORS, if they are not available it will switch to its OWN BATTERY.

And I believe your problem is that, somehow (situation loaded?) generators are OFF.

Regards, Opher
View Profile   IP Logged
craig moulton
Forum Member

Fly Safe! Have Fun!

Lompoc, CA
Reply #12 - Sep 6th, 2007, 8:36pm

Opher,

I had the same problem, plus another little problem.  It seems the gauge file I was using was the pre-Ver 1.50 set, which always gave me problems.  I then upgraded to the Ver 1.50 set and still had a BAT problem with the gauge shortly after takeoff.  I played around quite a bit, and what I discovered is that the RFP gauges don't always show an appropriate gauge state.  Meaning that even though I thought all of my generators were set correctly (no lights on the Electrics page), one or more were not truly on.  What I do now is to double check them all by clicking on the "Close" portion of each switch (twice just to be sure!), starting at the bottom of the #1 Engine and working my way up and right.  Meaning that I ensure that the #1 Field is closed, then the #1 Gen is closed, and finally that the #1 Bus Tie is closed.  I then repeat for each engine, and lastly, I ensure that the Split System Breaker is closed.  I have now been in the air (flying as I type) for more than 90 minutes and it has been working properly.

BTW, I had initially installed the new version of the CIVA INS only to discover that it installed in FSX, and not FS9, so I had to reinstall and point to the proper directory!

I wish you luck.  The RFP aircraft with the CIVA package is truly awesome!

Craig Moulton
AAL203
View Profile   IP Logged
Gianfranco Corrias

Reply #13 - Sep 7th, 2007, 9:15am

Are before the engine start CSD switches closed?
Before leaving the ramp check the Generators load on the KW/KWAR instruments.
Those instruments must indicate the Bus load(out of zero).
Anyway if the buses aren't powered when the GS is more than 2kts all CDU BAT lights should come on indicating that the INS is working by its own battery.
RFP has only one gauge in the Electrical panel and for this reason in case of failure the complete panel goes down.Partial failure are not possible.
Gianfranco

View Profile   IP Logged
opherben
Forum Member

Slovakia
Reply #14 - Sep 7th, 2007, 9:52am

Thanks Craig, right on!! I'll report it as an RFP B742 electric system bug.

craig moulton wrote on Sep 6th, 2007, 8:36pm:
Opher,

I had the same problem, plus another little problem.  It seems the gauge file I was using was the pre-Ver 1.50 set, which always gave me problems.  I then upgraded to the Ver 1.50 set and still had a BAT problem with the gauge shortly after takeoff.  I played around quite a bit, and what I discovered is that the RFP gauges don't always show an appropriate gauge state.  Meaning that even though I thought all of my generators were set correctly (no lights on the Electrics page), one or more were not truly on.  What I do now is to double check them all by clicking on the "Close" portion of each switch (twice just to be sure!), starting at the bottom of the #1 Engine and working my way up and right.  Meaning that I ensure that the #1 Field is closed, then the #1 Gen is closed, and finally that the #1 Bus Tie is closed.  I then repeat for each engine, and lastly, I ensure that the Split System Breaker is closed.  I have now been in the air (flying as I type) for more than 90 minutes and it has been working properly.

BTW, I had initially installed the new version of the CIVA INS only to discover that it installed in FSX, and not FS9, so I had to reinstall and point to the proper directory!

I wish you luck.  The RFP aircraft with the CIVA package is truly awesome!

Regards, Opher
View Profile   IP Logged
opherben
Forum Member

Slovakia
Reply #15 - Sep 7th, 2007, 9:55am

Grazie Gianfranco,
the item is now solved thanks to Craig, an RFP B742 electric system bug. My operation was correct, all switches were set correctly and all voltage and current flow gauges indicated normal opereation.

Gianfranco Corrias wrote on Sep 7th, 2007, 9:15am:
Are before the engine start CSD switches closed?
Before leaving the ramp check the Generators load on the KW/KWAR instruments.
Those instruments must indicate the Bus load(out of zero).
Anyway if the buses aren't powered when the GS is more than 2kts all CDU BAT lights should come on indicating that the INS is working by its own battery.
RFP has only one gauge in the Electrical panel and for this reason in case of failure the complete panel goes down.Partial failure are not possible.
Gianfranco

Regards, Opher
View Profile   IP Logged
Gianfranco Corrias

Reply #16 - Sep 8th, 2007, 9:50am

hi,
I don't think that the item is solved and also I don't think there's a bug in the RFPv2 electrical panel.
I use this plane since six years and the electrical panel worked and still work always great.
On the contrary I remember many posts about this issue and always due to poor electrical panel management.
I attach for you the B742 check list, I made some year ago, for Ralph Tofflemire.
Pay attention at:
F/E COCKPIT PREPARATION-ELECTRICAL PANEL
and at:
AFTER START CHECK LIST
if you operate in this manner all your issues will disappear.
Gianfranco
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!

View Profile   IP Logged
opherben
Forum Member

Slovakia
Reply #17 - Sep 8th, 2007, 1:16pm

Ciao Gianfranco.
I routinely use this checklist: When FE electric panel checklist is followed, the problem shows up.
If the electric switches are closed, contra to checklist, only following engine start, there is no problem.
I have been flying RFP B742 for years without a problem till this one, now "solved".
I am not the only one who ran into this. From reading the posts, it is evident that the problem posters are not casual FS gamers, but rather people with a serious approach. As for myself, have 9000+ flight hours on more than 90 aircraft types real world, first solo autumn 1963.

p.s. In Italy I flew first time in July 1973, at Agusta in Malpensa. It was an acceptance flight of one of a second batch of 6 Agusta Bell 206B1s purchased for the squadron I commanded then. I also flew there with Lancia, their chief test pilot,  AB 212 and A109, in Sesto Calende at Siai Marchetti the S.M.260, S.205 and S.208, and at EMB, the CH-47B chinook.

« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2007, 1:33pm by opherben »  

Regards, Opher
View Profile   IP Logged
Gianfranco Corrias

Reply #18 - Sep 8th, 2007, 6:16pm

hi,
I'm happy to know that the problem now is "solved" and have my congratulations for your flying activity as real.
Cheers Gianfranco

View Profile   IP Logged