Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simufly.com
  News:
The forum time is GMT/UTC, you can set your local time accessing the personal Profile menu
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Groundspeed not 0? (Read 71 times)
pelusa
Forum Member

Groundspeed not 0?
Dec 3rd, 2007, 6:59pm

Hi,

First of all, thank you for making such a great and accurate freeware gauge. However, i have a small problem. When position entered and aligned, tuning to NAV, the ground speed reads not as '0' (see attachment) I had it also with 1.50 but not with 1.40

Thank you  Wink
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!
or Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login Login or Register Register!!
!!

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Re: Groundspeed not 0?
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2007, 10:34am

Looks like it is influenced by wind even on the ground. I'm checking with Gianfranco what GS should read while on the ground.

One question for you: Looks like you're using Vista. If so could you please confirm that the CDU "Keyboard Capture" mode works?

Thanks
Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2007, 2:29pm

I can confirm that the way Ground Speed is currently managed, while the aircraft is on the ground, is wrong, a correction to the gauges will be required to fix it.

Thank you
Regards
Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
pelusa
Forum Member

Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2007, 6:35pm

Hi Marco,

So you confirm it is a problem of CIVA ins gauge or SSTSIM?
The keyboard capture mode is working well in Windows Vista Premium (dutch version), i have never encountered problems with it.

Thank you for your great work!

Pelusa

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2007, 9:16am

It's a CIVA problem. In FS Ground Speed is influenced by wind, independently from the aircraft being on the ground or in flight, this because, I think, it's linked with IAS/TAS which is indeed influenced by wind, even on the ground.

Expect an updated version of CIVA gauges.

Thanks
Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
pelusa
Forum Member

Reply #5 - Apr 1st, 2010, 2:56pm

Any chance to get this bug fixed?

Thank you  Wink

View Profile   IP Logged