Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simufly.com
  News:
The forum time is GMT/UTC, you can set your local time accessing the personal Profile menu
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

SIDS/STARS (Read 45 times)
historicalover
Forum Member

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
SIDS/STARS
Sep 12th, 2011, 5:28am

Hi. I'm using the HJG DC-8 with CIVA INS. I am having some doubts about flying sids and stars. Imagine my first waypoint is WOODY and i enter WOODY coordinates as waypoint 1. But i fly the sid which is essentially  a series of turns. Now i engage ins and autopilot coupling at waypoint WOODY and engage AP. will the plane follow the course programmed now?? in other words it is possible to fly some part of the route by radios and later parts using ins??

View Profile historicalover cjose9192   IP Logged
Gianfranco Corrias

Re: SIDS/STARS
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2011, 9:21am

You can load the SID waypoints but as in the realty after TO the ATC radar can give you some vectors due to the traffic.When the ATC will instruct you to resume the normal navigation you can resume it as you like.By radio instrument with the autopilot or manually or by autopilot and INS.If you 'll choose by Autopilot and the INS you have two possibilities:
1-Pushing WYPT-CHG 0-X INSERT if the next waypoint isn't far and your navigation off track will be short.
2- If the next waypoint is quite far and the navigation off track will be too long before to couple the INS with the autopilot you have to select XTK/TKE  and steer properly the plane to reduce by the HDG selector the XTK/TKE to zero or near to zero. At this point the INS can be coupled with Autopilot and the navigation will be conducted by the INS.

« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2011, 5:51pm by Gianfranco Corrias »  
View Profile   IP Logged