Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simufly.com
  News:
The forum time is GMT/UTC, you can set your local time accessing the personal Profile menu
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

ADEU causes FS9 to crash (Read 223 times)
Mike777
Forum Member

ADEU causes FS9 to crash
Aug 30th, 2007, 8:07am

First I want to say that I love using the CIVA INS for navigation on long flights -- it is much more interesting than GPS navigation, and gives me an appreciation of the less-than perfect navigation used prior to GPS.  The ADEU feature also eliminates much tedious manual entry of waypoints on long flights.  

I have been using the INS with the RFP 747-200 that has just gone freeware.  However I have also experienced the following problem with Meljet 777s with my own hybrid panel.

Sometimes when I click on the ADEU panel that shows the available "card" files, it does not show files that are in the ADEU subdirectory, and does show files that are not there (but were in the past).  Sometimes it displays nonsense.     Worse, when I try to scroll to other available cards besides the one on display, clicking on '+' or '-', it crashes FS9.  I have tried reducing the number of card files in the ADEU subdirectory and eliminating non-AWC files, but still the same problem.  Even after restarting FS9 and Windows XP (Pro version) this can happen.

I believe the problem is more likely after I have used the restart feature of the CIVA-INS, which otherwise works just fine.

I would very much appreciate any help.

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Re: ADEU causes FS9 to crash
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2007, 8:45am

Mike,

> I believe the problem is more likely after I have used the restart feature of the CIVA-INS, which otherwise works just fine.

I need to check this looking at source code.

Thanks for reporting the problem
Regards
Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
Marco Ravanello
Forum Administrator

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2007, 12:55pm

Mike,

it's a bug, it will be fixed in the upcoming version 1.51

Regards
Marco

View Profile   IP Logged
Mike777
Forum Member

Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2007, 10:52pm

Marco,

Thanks for looking into this.  I am looking forward to the fix in an otherwise excellent, if realistically complicated, INS system.

Mike

View Profile   IP Logged